Research Webpage of Steven Damelin
Last updated: January, 2017.
- My Selected Publications, Preprints and Research interests.
- My PhD advisor-Doron Lubinsky, Georgia Institute of Technology. Picture.
- My External PhD advisor-Paul Nevai, The Ohio State University. Picture.
- My External PhD advisor-Eli Levine, The Open University of Israel.
Some recent work:
- My book on
The Mathematics of Signal Processing published by Cambridge University Press with
Willard Miller, University of Minnesota. Second part coming soon from Cambridge University Press.
- My published paper on local Paley-Wiener theorems on spheres with
Anthony Devaney, Northeastern University.
- My published paper, (see arxiv link),
preprint on extensions of smooth distortions in Euclidean space, interpolation and matching of data with
Charles Fefferman, Princeton University.
- My accepted paper on Sparse MDS codes with Michael Hua, Jeffrey Sun and Ming Yu.
- My preprint with D. Kaiser and J. Sun, on an equivalent condition for the Maximal Distance
- My published paper with Sung Jin Hwang and Alfred O. Hero, Shortest Path
through Random Points, in the Annals of Applied Probability, 2016, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp 2791-2823.
- My paper on the problem of Golden Quantum Gates and dense approximation of elements of orthogonal groups with
Qingzhong Liang, forthcoming attraction. Preliminary report
- My paper with Michael Werman and Brad Swartz on Matching algorithms for
data using slow twists and slides in Euclidean space, forthcoming attraction.
- My paper with D. Airey on Random walks on groups, forthcoming attraction.
- My preprint with J. Sun and M. Yu on an Analytic and Probabilistic Approach to the
Problem of Matroid Representibility.
- My paper with J. Sun and M. Yu on an equivalence for the MDS conjecture and extended Reed Solomon codes, forthcoming attraction.
- My paper with N. Charalambides on a problem of extension of slow distortions for unlabelled points in Euclidean Space, forthcoming attraction.
- My paper with S. Bora on the MDS conjecture, forthcoming attraction.
My New Directions Professorship at the The Institute for Mathematics and its Applications
- My High Performance Computing Flagship
at the University of the Witwatersrand.
- PhD students, Masters, postdoc collaborators and undergraduate research students. Pictures.
Work with Undergraduates at the University of Michigan
- My Research for Undergraduates (REU) work with Research for Undergraduates, University of Michigan,
(REU 2015)(REU 2016).
- My University Research Oppurtunity Program (UROP) work with Research for Undergraduates,
University of Michigan, 2015-Present(UROP 2015)(UROP 2016)
- My University Research Community (MRC) work with Research for Undergraduates, University of Michigan, 2016-Present.
My Michigan Research Community (MRC) invited talk to freshman, January 2017.
Mathematical Reviews in
Ann Arbor, Michigan.
A division of
The American Mathematical Society.
- The American Mathematical Society.
- The National Science Foundation.
- UK Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council.
- Park City Math Institute, Institute for Advanced
- Institute for Mathematics and its Applications (IMA), University of Minnesota.
- Center for High Performance Computing.
- My Mathematics Geneology.
Mathematical Outreach, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, otherwise.
- My affiliation with the
Park City Math Institute, Institute for Advanced
Study, Princeton, July 2014.Picture.
- The Center for Educational Outreach at the University of Michigan.
- Center for inquiry based learning, University of Michigan.
- Rising scholars program, Ann Arbor, Public schools and SAT coaching, East Michigan.
My work as Project Team Member,
Nevada Mathematics Project, University of Nevada, 2016-present and my involvement in The National Council of
Teachers of Mathematics.
- My tribute to Gilbert
Baumslag who died on October 20, 2014. A great man and great mathematician who helped me in my life beyond words.
- Upcoming conferences.
- Some Interdisciplinary Mathematical Institutes and Research Funding.
- Comprehensive LaTeX symbol references.
- An Amusement: How some of mathematics
- My Mathematics Geneology.
- My Family and My Music and My Travel: To much for these margins to hold.
- World Science Net.
- New York Times.
- Society for Science and the Public.
- R Jonathan Sacks blog.
- Jerusalem Post.
- Some favorite quotations.
- Some of my links on
Gay and Lesbian work discrimination motivating ongoing research based on my
own travesty experiences in the State of Georgia in the United States.
- See also my links to Gay and Lesbian Rights in the State of Georgia in the
Steven Damelin is solely responsible
the contents of this page.
Copyright © 2001 Steven Damelin. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Web Author: Steven Damelin