The Onset of Fibrillation following a Heart Attack
Jim Keener, Sasha Panfilov (Utrecht), Brad Peercy
Some Basic Statistics:
- Cardiovascular disease is the number 1 killer in America (about 1
million deaths per year).
- At least 250,000 people per year die from a heart attack before reaching
- What are the mechanisms underlying the initiation of
fibrillation following a heart attack?
- Why do some heart attacks result in fibrillation and others not?
- Are there measures that can be taken to prevent a heart attack
from intitiating fibrillation?