Introduction to dynamics and tracer dispersion in geophysical fluids<br/><br/>
(1) Geophysical fluids: phenomenology and dynamics of
rotating, stratified flow.
(2) Potential vorticity: Dynamic significance and kinematic
(3) Importance of mixing for maintenance of ocean pycnocline
and global overturning circulation: ocean energetics, a
little on thermocline theories and/or Sandstrom's theory.
(4) Tracer Observations in the ocean (and atmosphere):
Turbulent mixing from dye releases, maybe something on
surface stirring/mixing diagnostics from floats.
(5) Tracer cascades: theory and observational support.