Postdoctoral Research Associate
Institute for Mathematics and its Applications
University of Minnesota
207 Church Steet S.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Office: 433 Lind Hall
Home Page: http://ima.umn.edu/~kerivin
Wecome to my homepage...
Version francaise English version
CALL FOR PAPERS
INOC 2003 - International Network Optimization Conference
October 27-29, 2003
- Ph.D. in Combinatorial Optimization from the Université Blaise Pascal, Laboratory LIMOS , Clermont-Ferrand, France in November 2000 (Advisor: Professor Ali Ridha Mahjoub)
- Post-graduate degree taken before completing a Ph.D. in Operations Research at the Université Joseph Fourier, IMAG, Grenoble, France in 1995
- Master's degree in Computer Science at the Université de Bretagne Occidentale, Department of Computer Science, Brest, France in 1994
- Associate's degree in Mathematics at the Université de Bretagne Occidentale, Brest, France in 1992
- Since September 2002, Postdoctoral Research Assistant for two years at the Institute for Mathematics and its Applications, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
- October 21-25, 2002, Visiting Postdoctoral Research Associate at the IBM's Thomas J. Watson Research Center in the Mathematical Sciences Department, Yorktown, New York, USA.
- 2000-2002, Research Staff Member at France Telecom Research and Development in the Optimization, Architectures and Traffic laboratory, Issy-les-Moulineaux, Paris, France
- 1999-2000, Teaching and Research Assistant at the Université Blaise Pascal in the Department of Computer Science, Clermont-Ferrand, France
- 1996-1999, Teaching Assistant at the Université de Bretagne Occidentale in the Department of Computer Science, Brest, France
- Combinatorial Optimization
- Integer Programming
- Polyhedral Combinatorics
- Telecommunication and Transportation NetworksThe major aim of my research is to study the polyhedra associated with the specific mathematical structures inherent in combinatorial optimization problems. A direct outcome of this research effort is to provide the most powerful techniques for solving large-scale and complex combinatorial optimization problems that occur in almost all fields in management as well as in many engineering disciplines.
But this area of concentration fits into a larger framework of interest: make significant contributions to integer programming and combinatorial optimization.
- Papers in Journals
- H. Kerivin, A.R. Mahjoub, and C. Nocq, (1,2)-Survivable Networks: Facets and Branch-and-Cut, to appear in The Sharpest Cut, MPS-SIAM Series in Optimization, 2002.
- H. Kerivin, and A.R. Mahjoub, Separation of Partition Inequalities for the (1,2)-Survivable Network Design Problem, Operations Research Letters 30, pp 265-268, 2002.
- W. Ben-Ameur, and H. Kerivin, New Economical Virtual Private Networks, to appear in Communication of the Association for Computing Machinery, 2001.
- W. Ben-Ameur, and H. Kerivin, Routing of Uncertain Demands, submitted to Operations Research, 2001.
- H. Kerivin, and A.R. Mahjoub, On Survivable Network Polyhedra, submitted to Discrete Mathematics, 2001.
- M. Didi Biha, H. Kerivin, and A.R. Mahjoub, Steiner Trees and Polyhedra, Discrete Applied Mathematics 112, pp 101-120, 2001.
- Papers in Proceedings
- H. Kerivin, T.-T.-L. Pham, D. Nace, and J. Geffard, Design of Survivable Networks with a Single Facility, Proceedings of the 2nd European Conference on Universal Multiservice Networks, ECUMN'02, Colmar, France, pp 208-218, 2002.
- H. Kerivin, T.-T.-L. Pham, and B. Liau, Survivable Capacited Networks - Comparison of Shared Protection Mechanisms, Proceedings of the 10th International Telecommunication Network Strategy and Planning Symposium, NETWORKS'02, Munich, Germany, pp 379-388, 2002.
- Technical Reports
If you would like to receive a copy of a paper, please send me an e-mail: email@example.com.
- F. Barahona, and H. Kerivin, Matroid Reinforcement, IBM Research Report RC22634, 2002.
- W. Ben-Ameur et H. Kerivin, Offres de Réseaux Privés Virtuels Flexibles, rapport technique NT/FTRD/7358, France Telecom Recherche et Développement, 2001.
- H. Kerivin, Réseaux Fiables et Polyèdres, PhD Dissertation, Université Blaise Pascal, Clermont-Ferrand, France, November 2000.
- H. Kerivin, Sous-graphes k-Arêtes Connexes et Conception de Réseaux : Etude Polyédrale, Université Joseph Fourier - IMAG, Grenoble, France, 1995.