The following resources are available to support the development of graduate student training programs and internships in business, industry, and government (BIG).
IMA Math-to-Industry Boot Camp resources from 2017
Download the Math-to-Industry Boot Camp II sample syllabus (PDF).
Professional development materials
The professional development materials used for Math-to-Industry Boot Camp II were developed by Employee Strategies.
The materials below focus on team skill-building, including how to give effective presentations:
- Team Presentation Effectiveness (PDF)
- Effective team presentations workbook (PDF)
- Team presentation feedback worksheets (PDF)
Additional materials below utilize the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MTBI) assessment to support team effectiveness:
- Using the MBTI assessment to support team building (PDF)
- Self and team awareness workbook (PDF)
- Weekly reflection worksheet (PDF)
Visit the Math-to-Industry Boot Camp II webpage for the 2017 industry projects.
Training resources from other universities
The IMA is partnering with the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) to provide additional training materials:
Information from the UIUC 2017 Computing for Data Science Boot Camp will be available soon.